I'm a Graduate Student in Statistics at Harvard University.
In recent years I've become interested in understanding the principles that lead to successful model building and developing tools to guide practitioners to this end. One instance being tools for detecting practically unidentifiable parameters in Bayesian Models. These methodological developments have always been guided by collaborations with wonderful researchers in public health, political science and, recently, astrophysics. You can find a list of past and current projects below.
In my past I studied Mathematics and Statistics at the University of California, Davis, then more Statistics at University of California, Berkeley. After I had had enough of studying, I spent some time consulting in the San Francisco bay area before taking a position as a Statistician in the Biostatistics unit of the UC Irvine Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences. I've always believed in developing statistical methodology using the bench-to-bedside approach and my time at UC Irvine helped me solidify this in practice.
I've had the pleasure of assisting in teaching several semester-long courses, here are some.
- Ph.D. Statistics, Harvard University [In Progress]
- M.A. Statistics, University of California, Berkeley 
- B.S. Mathematics and Statistics, University of California, Davis 
- Statistical Problems in Astrophysics, SACNAS New England
Regional Conference 2018, Worcester, MA, 4/21/2018
- Disentangling astronomical sources with spatial, spectral and temporal X-ray data with an application to binary Young Stellar Objects, Joint Research Conference 2018, Santa Fe, NM, 6/11-14/2018
- Bayesian Model-Assisted Estimation for Functional Data in Survey Sampling, Joint Statistical Meetings 2018, Vancouver, B.C., 7/28-8/2/2018
- Campos LF, Miratrix LW (2018+) Bayesian Model-Assisted Estimation for Functional Data in Survey Sampling. Winner of the 2018 ASA Student Paper Competition for SSS/GSS/SRMS
- Campos LF, Hunter KB, Glickman ME (2018+) Measuring Effects of Antihypertensive Medication Adherence on BP levels through Bayesian Dynamic Linear Models.
- Campos LF, Yuan LH, Feller A, Miratrix LW (2018+). Worth Modeling? Model Adjustment for Causal Effects with Zero-Inflated Outcomes.
- Campos LF, Jones DE, Kashyap V, van Dyk DA, Siemiginowska, A (2018+) Disentangling Overlapping Astronomical Sources using Spatial, Spectral and Temporal Information.
Healthcare Provider Profiling:
- Damla Senturk, Yanjun Chen, Jason P. Estes, Luis F. Campos, Connie M. Rhee, Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh and Danh V. Nguyen (2018+) Performance Characteristics of Profiling Methods and the Impact of Inadequate Case-mix Adjustment. Submitted.
- Chen Y, Rhee CM, Senturk D, Campos LF, Li Y, Kalantar-Zadeh K, and Nguyen DV (2018) Association of U.S. Dialysis Facility Staffing with Profiling of Hospital-Wide 30-Day Unplanned Readmission. Submitted.
- Miratrix LW, Sekhon JS, Theodoridis AG, Campos LF (2018) Worth Weighting? How to Think About and Use Sample Weights in Survey Experiments. (forthcoming on Political Analysis) Preprint on arXiv:1703.06808.
- Campos LF, Senturk D, Chen Y, Nguyen DV (2017) Bias and estimation under misspecification of the risk period in self-controlled case series studies. Stat, 6: 4–13 doi:10.1002/sta4.166.
- Book Review - Sudipto Banerjee, Bradley P. Carlin, and Alan E. Gelfand, Hierarchical Modeling and Analysis for Spatial Data (2nd ed.) with Zach J. Branson and Luke W. Miratrix. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 110(512), 1818–1824
Covarrubias N, Bhatia S, Yee S, Campos L, Nguyen DV, Fish D, Chang E (2015) The relationship between taekwondo training habits and injury: A survey of a collegiate taekwondo population. Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine, 6, 121-127. PMID: 25960680
- Jason Lee MD, Michael Lin, MD, Luis Campos, MA Danh V. Nguyen PhD, Robert Newcomb PhD, David P. Zamorano, MD. (2013) Association between Gentamicin and Acute Renal Insufficiency in Trauma Patients with Open Fractures.
- Hamlin A, Sukharev D, Campos L, Mu Y, Tassone F, Hessl D, Nguyen DV, Loesch D, Hagerman RJ (2012) Hypertension in FMR1 premutation males with and without fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS). American Journal of Medical Genetics, 158A, 1304-1309. PMID: 22528549
- Narcisa, V., Aguilar, D., Nguyen, D.V., Campos, L Brodovsky, J., White, S., Adams, P., Tassone, F., Hagerman, P.J. and Hagerman, R.J. (2011) A quantitative assessment of tremor and ataxia in female FMR1 premutation carriers using CATSYS. Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research, vol 2011, Article 484713, 1-7. PMID: 23008705
- Chonchaiya, W., Tassone, F., Ashwood, P., Hessl, D., Schneider, A., Campos, L Nguyen, D.V. and Hagerman, R.J. (2010) Autoimmune disease in mothers with the FMR1 premutation is associated with seizures in their children with fragile X syndrome. Human Genetics, 128, 539-548. PMID: 2080927
- Schwartzkroin, P.A., Wenzel, H.J., Lyeth, B.G., Poon, C.C., DeLance, A., Van, K.C., Campos, L and Nguyen, D.V. (2010) Ketogenic diet modulation of seizure sensitivity and cell loss following fluid percussion injury. Epilepsy Research, 92, 74-84. PMID: 20863664
- Chonchaiya, W., Tassone, F., Ashwood, P., Hessl, D., Schneider, A., Campos, L., Nguyen, D.V. and Hagerman, R.J. (2010) Autoimmune disease in mothers with the FMR1 premutation is associated with seizures in their children with fragile X syndrome. Human Genetics, 128, 539-548. PMID: 2080927
- Garcia-Arocena, D., Yang, J.E., Brouwer, J., Tassone, F., Iwahashi, C., Berry-Kravis, E.M., Goetz, C.G., Sumis, A.M., Zhou, L., Nguyen, D.V., Campos, L., Ludwig, A., Raske, C., Leehey, M., Greco, C., Willemsen, R., Hagerman, R.J., Hagerman, P.J. (2010) Fibroblast phenotype in male carriers of the FMR1 premutation alleles. Human Molecular Genetics, 15, 299-312. PMID: 19864489
- Estimating Causal Effects with Zero-Inflated Outcomes, The Society for Research in Educational Effectiveness, Spring Meeting 2018, Washington, D.C, 2/28/2018
- Disentangling astronomical sources with spatial, spectral and temporal X-ray data, RISE-ASTROSTAT Collaboration Meeting, Heraklion, Crete, Greece. 6/26/2017
- Bayesian Modeling of Functional Data in Survey Sampling, Harvard University, 4/19/2016 (slides)
- Estimation under misspecification of the risk period in the self-controlled case series method with application to vaccine safety studies (continued work) - WNAR/IMS, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 6/17/2014
- A solution to the misspecification of the optimal risk period in the self-controlled case series method with application to vaccine safety - WNAR/IMS, UCLA, 6/16/2013